Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the Data-Checker CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 98598
Status: resolved
Priority: 0/
Queue: Data-Checker

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: SREZIC [...] cpan.org
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: (no value)
Broken in: 1.00
Fixed in: (no value)



Subject: dns test fails
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: MIME-tools 5.504 (Entity 5.504)
Content-Disposition: inline
X-RT-Interface: Web
Message-ID: <rt-4.0.18-11163-1409783064-887.0-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
X-RT-Original-Encoding: utf-8
X-RT-Encrypt: 0
X-RT-Sign: 0
Content-Length: 159
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 159b
It seems that since 2014-05-21 there were no successful test runs anymore (see also http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Data-Checker%201.00;reports=1#sl=7,1 ).
MIME-Version: 1.0
In-Reply-To: <rt-4.0.18-11163-1409783064-887.0-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
X-Mailer: MIME-tools 5.504 (Entity 5.504)
Content-Disposition: inline
X-RT-Interface: Web
References: <rt-4.0.18-11163-1409783064-887.0-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
Message-ID: <rt-4.0.18-27024-1410200265-730.98598-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
X-RT-Original-Encoding: utf-8
X-RT-Encrypt: 0
X-RT-Sign: 0
Content-Length: 70
I just issued a new release which fixes this. Thanks for the report.
MIME-Version: 1.0
In-Reply-To: <rt-4.0.18-11163-1409783064-887.0-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
X-Mailer: MIME-tools 5.504 (Entity 5.504)
Content-Disposition: inline
X-RT-Interface: Web
References: <rt-4.0.18-11163-1409783064-887.0-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
Message-ID: <rt-4.0.18-7427-1410265487-1647.98598-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
X-RT-Original-Encoding: utf-8
X-RT-Encrypt: 0
X-RT-Sign: 0
Content-Length: 676
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 676b
I didn't pay close enough attention to the failure and closed in prematurely. There were two problems with the DNS test. One is that an IP I was using had changed so the DNS test was failing due to that. That was the problem I corrected. One is that some releases of Net::DNS (0.76 and 0.79 I believe) there was a problem. Since I was running 0.74 on my computer, I didn't catch this. On further investigation, this will be corrected in Net::DNS 0.80 (which is unfortunately not released at this time). The failure is only a warning, so it doesn't actually prevent the test script from running correctly. I'll investigate further and try to get a workaround in place.
MIME-Version: 1.0
In-Reply-To: <rt-4.0.18-11163-1409783064-887.0-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
X-Mailer: MIME-tools 5.504 (Entity 5.504)
Content-Disposition: inline
X-RT-Interface: Web
References: <rt-4.0.18-11163-1409783064-887.0-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
Message-ID: <rt-4.0.18-10239-1410268138-1953.98598-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
X-RT-Original-Encoding: utf-8
X-RT-Encrypt: 0
X-RT-Sign: 0
Content-Length: 196
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 196b
I couldn't figure out a workaround the problem in Net::DNS, so I did the next best thing and skipped those tests for the buggy versions. I just shipped out a new release to correct this problem.


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.