|Received:||from blizzard.mengwong.com (blizzard.mengwong.com [126.96.36.199]) by pallas.eruditorum.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id 24DE984C130 for <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:12:32 -0400 (EDT)|
|Received:||by blizzard.mengwong.com (Postfix, from userid 3001) id 68F3B61AE7; Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:52:04 -0400 (EDT)|
|Date:||Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:52:04 -0400|
|From:||Kirrily Skud Robert <email@example.com>|
|Subject:||Bug in t/01basic.t of Acme-Test-Buffy-0.01|
|X-Message-Flag:||System error: operating system manufacturer corrupt.|
I used A::T::B to learn how to use Test::Builder and Test::Builder::Tester today, and found a problem with the tests provided in 01basic.t not ok 8 - works when incorrect # Failed test (10.basic.pl at line 84) # STDERR is: # # File aaa.txt does not match string provided # # Failed test (10.basic.pl at line 80) # # not: # # Failed test (10.basic.pl at line 80) # # File aaa.txt does not match string provided # # as expected As you can see, the lines are in the opposite order from what's expected. I asked on #perl-qa and Andy Lester looked into it, and told me to switch the order of the test_fail and test_diag statements. This fixed the problem. Unfortunately I can't replicate the problem using A::T::B itself, but my own .t file can be found atif you're interested. The relevant lines are: test_out("not ok 1 - file contents match string"); test_fail(+2); test_diag("File aaa.txt does not match string provided"); file_contents_is("aaa.txt", "bbb"); test_test("file_contents_is works when incorrect"); So, in short, I think lines 68 and 72 of the 01basic.t provided with Acme::Test::Buffy need to be switched around to prevent similar weirdness with other people following your guide. K. -- Kirrily 'Skud' Robert - firstname.lastname@example.org - Just one nuclear family can ruin your whole life.