|Subject:||Devel::CheckLib 0.699_001 does not detect DLL lib|
|X-Mailer:||MIME-tools 5.427 (Entity 5.427)|
This is on strawberry perl. The Perl OpenGL module links to the freeglut.dll library directly without a corresponding .a (thanks to some MinGW magic, I suppose). At any rate, the various OpenGL libraries are detected: p assert_lib( lib=>'opengl32') 0 p assert_lib( lib=>'glu32') 0 p assert_lib( lib=>'glut32') 0 because MinGW has a corresponding libXXX.a for them. (If I remove the .a file then the OpenGL libraries fail too) Then when I check for the FreeGLUT library (it is in perl/bin/freeglut.dll) I get: p assert_lib( lib=>'freeglut') Can't link/include 'freeglut' This is true even when I put the include file in explicitly. It seems that the failure must be occuring before the link since it *will* link and even *works* on win32. The principle of least surprise suggests that Devel::CheckLib would work here too---even if it is a bit silly from the unix point of view that anyone would have a runtime library without a link library...