Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the DBD-SQLite CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 316
Status: resolved
Priority: 0/
Queue: DBD-SQLite

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: pmccann [...] maths.adelaide.edu.au
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: Important
Broken in: 0.09
Fixed in: 0.05



MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: MIME-tools 5.405 (Entity 5.404)
Subject: multiple definitions of symbol causes all tests to fail in .10
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="----------=_1014913987-31525-3"
Content-Length: 0
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
X-RT-Original-Encoding: iso-8859-1
Content-Length: 840
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 840b
Hi Matt, DBD-SQLite-0.10 --not yet listed in the RT form that I'm using-- fails all tests for MacOSX 10.1.3 (that is, for Darwin 5.3) with simple variations of the following error: t/01logon..........dyld: /usr/bin/perl multiple definitions of symbol _PL_na /System/Library/Perl/darwin/CORE/libperl.dylib(globals.o) definition of _PL_na blib/arch/auto/DBD/SQLite/SQLite.bundle definition of _PL_na All tests passed fine in DBD-SQLite-0.05, which is the last version that I built and installed. Standard details follow: % perl -v This is perl, v5.6.0 built for darwin % uname -a Darwin localhost 5.3 Darwin Kernel Version 5.3: Thu Jan 24 22:06:02 PST 2002; root:xnu/xnu-201.19.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh powerpc Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help track it down further or test out a fix. Cheers, Paul
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
X-RT-Original-Encoding: iso-8859-1
Content-Length: 0
Return-Path: <matt [...] sergeant.org>
Delivered-To: cpan-bug+dbd-sqlite [...] pallas.eruditorum.org
Received: from mail.sergeant.org (unknown [217.158.50.178]) by pallas.eruditorum.org (Postfix) with SMTP id D470F257F for <bug-DBD-SQLite [...] rt.cpan.org>; Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:41:01 -0500 (EST)
Received: (qmail 17195 invoked by uid 501); 28 Feb 2002 16:41:04 -0000
Received: from localhost (sendmail-bs [...] 127.0.0.1) by localhost with SMTP; 28 Feb 2002 16:41:04 -0000
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:41:04 +0000 (GMT)
From: Matt Sergeant <matt [...] sergeant.org>
To: Guest via RT <bug-DBD-SQLite [...] rt.cpan.org>
Subject: Re: [cpan #316] multiple definitions of symbol causes all tests to fail in .10
In-Reply-To: <rt-316-843.7.68975057639182 [...] cpan>
Message-Id: <Pine.LNX.4.30.0202281640290.16110-100000 [...] ted.sergeant.org>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
X-RT-Original-Encoding: us-ascii
Content-Length: 1301
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.2k
Why is it always Darwin that has these stupid build errors?!? Just remove the PL_na definition lines in dbdimp.c, and it'll all be fine. On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Guest via RT wrote: Show quoted text
> > > This message about DBD-SQLite was sent to you by guest via rt.cpan.org > > Full context and any attached attachments can be found at: > <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=316 > > > Hi Matt, > > DBD-SQLite-0.10 --not yet listed in the RT form that I'm using-- fails all tests for MacOSX 10.1.3 (that is, for Darwin 5.3) with simple variations of the following error: > > t/01logon..........dyld: /usr/bin/perl multiple definitions of symbol _PL_na > /System/Library/Perl/darwin/CORE/libperl.dylib(globals.o) definition of _PL_na > blib/arch/auto/DBD/SQLite/SQLite.bundle definition of _PL_na > > All tests passed fine in DBD-SQLite-0.05, which is the last version that I built and installed. Standard details follow: > > % perl -v > > This is perl, v5.6.0 built for darwin > > % uname -a > Darwin localhost 5.3 Darwin Kernel Version 5.3: Thu Jan 24 22:06:02 PST 2002; root:xnu/xnu-201.19.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh powerpc > > Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help track it down further or test out a fix. > > Cheers, > Paul > >
-- <!-- Matt --> <:->Get a smart net</:->
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: MIME-tools 5.405 (Entity 5.404)
From: pmccann [...] maths.adelaide.edu.au
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="----------=_1014940352-30238-6"
Content-Length: 0
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
X-RT-Original-Encoding: iso-8859-1
Content-Length: 514
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 514b
[matt@sergeant.org - Thu Feb 28 11:41:03 2002]: Show quoted text
> Why is it always Darwin that has these stupid build errors?!?
No idea, but it must have something to do with evolution. This one does seem particularly brain-dead (having just read --and exterminated-- that particularly innocuous looking ifndef you mention below). Show quoted text
> Just remove the PL_na definition lines in dbdimp.c, and it'll all
be Show quoted text
> fine.
And indeed it was: and the DBD-SQLite world was good. Thanks a lot for the swift and incisive response, Paul
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
X-RT-Original-Encoding: iso-8859-1
Content-Length: 0
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: MIME-tools 5.405 (Entity 5.404)
X-RT-Original-Encoding: iso-8859-1
Content-Length: 12
Closing bug.


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.