Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the XML-LibXML CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 25474
Status: resolved
Priority: 0/
Queue: XML-LibXML

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: emileaben [...] gmail.com
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: Wishlist
Broken in: (no value)
Fixed in: (no value)



Subject: autosplit error on calling methods not in XML::LibXML
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: MIME-tools 5.418 (Entity 5.418)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf8"
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
X-RT-Original-Encoding: utf-8
Content-Length: 731
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 731b
I made a typo when trying out XML::LibXML like this: use XML::LibXML; my $parser = XML::LibXML->new(); my $doc = $parser->parsefile($infile); ('parsefile' should have been 'parse_file' ). I got this error from that piece of code: Can't locate auto/XML/LibXML/parsefile.al in @INC (@INC contains: .... In retrospect I'd expected a "Can't locate object method 'parsefile' via XML::LibXML" type of error, since the error I got got me searching for all kinds of things that were wrong with my installation, instead of noticing my typo. I saw this behaviour at least on 2 different OSes: 1) XML::LibXML version 1.62 / perl5.8.7 / FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE 2) XML::LibXML version 1.58 / perl5.8.7 / Linux 2.6.15-27-amd64-generic Emile
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Spam-Status: No, hits=-2.5 required=8.0 tests=BAYES_00,DK_POLICY_SIGNSOME,FORGED_RCVD_HELO
In-Reply-To: <rt-3.6.HEAD-5169-1173985462-1082.25474-4-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
Received-SPF: pass (x1.develooper.com: local policy)
References: <RT-Ticket-25474 [...] rt.cpan.org> <rt-3.6.HEAD-5169-1173985462-1082.25474-4-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
X-RT-Original-Encoding: utf-8
Received: from la.mx.develooper.com (x1.develooper.com [63.251.223.170]) by diesel.bestpractical.com (Postfix) with SMTP id EC1D74D80D0 for <bug-XML-LibXML [...] rt.cpan.org>; Thu, 15 Mar 2007 15:16:47 -0400 (EDT)
Received: (qmail 31153 invoked by alias); 15 Mar 2007 19:16:46 -0000
Received: from lo-f.at (HELO master.lo-f.at) (213.239.234.135) by la.mx.develooper.com (qpsmtpd/0.28) with ESMTP; Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:16:35 -0700
Received: from [192.168.1.253] (82-171-60-131.dsl.ip.tiscali.nl [82.171.60.131]) by master.lo-f.at (Postfix) with ESMTP id 1A712CAC021 for <bug-XML-LibXML [...] rt.cpan.org>; Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:16:04 +0000 (UTC)
Delivered-To: cpan-bug+xml-libxml [...] diesel.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #25474] autosplit error on calling methods not in XML::LibXML
User-Agent: Icedove 1.5.0.9 (X11/20061220)
Return-Path: <christian.glahn [...] lo-f.at>
X-Spam-Check-BY: la.mx.develooper.com
X-Original-To: bug-XML-LibXML [...] rt.cpan.org
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:16:29 +0100
Message-Id: <45F99B8D.3090903 [...] lo-f.at>
To: bug-XML-LibXML [...] rt.cpan.org
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
From: Christian Glahn <christian.glahn [...] lo-f.at>
X-RT-Original-Encoding: utf-8
RT-Message-ID: <rt-3.6.HEAD-5041-1173986225-713.25474-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
Content-Length: 1489
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.4k
Sorry for the problems, Emile, but I fear this error is because XML::LibXML relies heavily on an perl-XS implementation (which cannot get changed at all). As far as I remember, XML::LibXML doesn't use any autoloader functions than the XS loader. Christian emileaben@gmail.com via RT wrote: Show quoted text
> Thu Mar 15 15:04:21 2007: Request 25474 was acted upon. > Transaction: Ticket created by emileaben@gmail.com > Queue: XML-LibXML > Subject: autosplit error on calling methods not in XML::LibXML > Broken in: (no value) > Severity: Wishlist > Owner: Nobody > Requestors: emileaben@gmail.com > Status: new > Ticket <URL: http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=25474 > > > > I made a typo when trying out XML::LibXML like this: > > use XML::LibXML; > my $parser = XML::LibXML->new(); > my $doc = $parser->parsefile($infile); > > ('parsefile' should have been 'parse_file' ). I got this error from that > piece of code: > > Can't locate auto/XML/LibXML/parsefile.al in @INC (@INC contains: .... > > In retrospect I'd expected a "Can't locate object method 'parsefile' via > XML::LibXML" type of error, since the error I got got me searching for > all kinds of things that were wrong with my installation, instead of > noticing my typo. > > > I saw this behaviour at least on 2 different OSes: > > 1) XML::LibXML version 1.62 / perl5.8.7 / FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE > 2) XML::LibXML version 1.58 / perl5.8.7 / Linux 2.6.15-27-amd64-generic > > Emile >
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: MIME-tools 5.418 (Entity 5.418)
Content-Disposition: inline
Message-Id: <rt-3.6.HEAD-5169-1173990843-1627.25474-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
X-RT-Original-Encoding: utf-8
X-RT-Original-Encoding: utf-8
Content-Length: 293
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 293b
It seems that adding undef &AUTOLOAD; just after bootstrap XML::LibXML $VERSION in LibXML.pm does the job (still in the BEGIN section). I'll commit it to the SVN as soon as the SVN is up and running again:-) Unless someone finds problems with this solution, it'll appear in 1.63. -- Petr


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.