|Subject:||Spurious "not an error" and "bind or column index out of range" errirs|
|X-Mailer:||MIME-tools 5.418 (Entity 5.418)|
DBD::SQLite 1.13 intermittently spits out strange errors like these: DBD::SQLite::st fetchrow_hashref warning: not an error(0) at dbdimp.c line 504 DBD::SQLite::st execute failed: bind or column index out of range(25) at dbdimp.c line 376 The first one is just baffling. (Not an error?) The second one looks legit, but I tracked it down and found that the number of bind columns was correct. I tried chasing it through the C code and found a situation where the number "?" of placeholders found by DBD::SQLite was one less than the actual number of "?" in the SQL. (p->nVar was 3 when there were clearly 4 "?" placeholders in p->zSql.) This was not a complex query either, just a standard INSERT into a table with four INTEGER columns. The intermittent nature is why there's no script to reproduce this issue attached to this bug report. I wrote such a script, but then DBD::SQLite decided to start behaving itself and refused to throw the error. In much more complex code (the Rose::DB::Object test suite) it'd still happen, but not in an isolated version of the call. I even added some of the surrounding calls in an attempt to get it to fail, but eventually gave up. But the *really* strange thing is that DBD::SQLite 1.13 seems to get progressively worse as time goes on. This morning, I could run the whole Rose::DB::Object test suite against SQLite with DBD::SQLite 1.13 and I only got one "not an error" error. As the day progressed, with no code changes anywhere, it started to throw some "bind or column index out of range(25)" errors. (Yes, I deleted the SQLite database file between runs.) I downgraded to DBD::SQLite 1.12 and the test suite immediately ran without any errors at all. Sorry this is such a bad bug report. I'm still trying to isolate this, but I just thought someone should know that 1.13 is, like, totally wonky.