Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the Net-Domain-TLD CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 100410
Status: resolved
Priority: 0/
Queue: Net-Domain-TLD

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: tcorkran [...] hostgator.com
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: (no value)
Broken in: (no value)
Fixed in: (no value)



MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-2.599 tagged_above=-99.9 required=10 tests=[BAYES_00=-1.9, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001, RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW=-0.7] autolearn=ham
X-Spam-Flag: NO
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="001a11c2dc4aa33fbe05081153ee"
Message-ID: <CA+pnR5HvbZA6PhXdPdOKa2FvYVQVODVSkr9jQ58wmHz4HHOUPA [...] mail.gmail.com>
X-Received: by 10.220.30.10 with SMTP id s10mr15829247vcc.54.1416245394217; Mon, 17 Nov 2014 09:29:54 -0800 (PST)
X-Virus-Scanned: Debian amavisd-new at bestpractical.com
X-Spam-Score: -2.599
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by hipster.bestpractical.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 30BB4240672 for <cpan-bug+Net-Domain-TLD [...] hipster.bestpractical.com>; Mon, 17 Nov 2014 12:30:02 -0500 (EST)
Received: from hipster.bestpractical.com ([127.0.0.1]) by localhost (hipster.bestpractical.com [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id TiOohraM-nDp for <cpan-bug+Net-Domain-TLD [...] hipster.bestpractical.com>; Mon, 17 Nov 2014 12:30:01 -0500 (EST)
Received: from la.mx.develooper.com (x1.develooper.com [207.171.7.70]) by hipster.bestpractical.com (Postfix) with SMTP id 3640524008F for <bug-Net-Domain-TLD [...] rt.cpan.org>; Mon, 17 Nov 2014 12:30:01 -0500 (EST)
Received: (qmail 27000 invoked by alias); 17 Nov 2014 17:30:00 -0000
Received: from mail-vc0-f177.google.com (HELO mail-vc0-f177.google.com) (209.85.220.177) by la.mx.develooper.com (qpsmtpd/0.28) with ESMTP; Mon, 17 Nov 2014 09:29:58 -0800
Received: by mail-vc0-f177.google.com with SMTP id ij19so6096488vcb.22 for <bug-Net-Domain-TLD [...] rt.cpan.org>; Mon, 17 Nov 2014 09:29:54 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.220.80.199 with HTTP; Mon, 17 Nov 2014 09:29:54 -0800 (PST)
Delivered-To: cpan-bug+Net-Domain-TLD [...] hipster.bestpractical.com
Subject: Please add .rocks to Net::Domain::TLD
Return-Path: <thomas.corkran [...] endurance.com>
X-RT-Mail-Extension: net-domain-tld
X-Original-To: cpan-bug+Net-Domain-TLD [...] hipster.bestpractical.com
X-Spam-Check-BY: la.mx.develooper.com
X-Google-Dkim-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=1e100.net; s=20130820; h=x-gm-message-state:mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=cHcV5tz/9qKjzp1X+d+IUcsFdVJszCFEOtTTiY+5Azk=; b=fpzs2SWBqItivxufZSbhK1eM2jEEfYnlltUElp3Q4JrLCJyBcb0F4lzaCVrd5FriQa X7gByMC06cxio1GcTCFuRH85xXNbhYRfE6bN29TsDJM27bOti+6TFCawO3JlXSs9ppgL gFruAUHlAotUQ3rp0W4EmGjzh9+PBfJDDleSNapqtzqaq/EENTomPfD/7eOkTB6sJ4Ek fy4I/y9N0dKxhNrbuj9CcKHJL1fCIr2ctrV6Qa3dvzlxeoD5mSSw5FrTcvZDuEjaEdLE XJ3/l/ZwwpFGFrqfDjVPZf4v2ZibTP3R8oQ6moPOwALKtTKocRi44yqkUNL4DPIGrclG YKNw==
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 11:29:54 -0600
X-Spam-Level:
To: bug-Net-Domain-TLD [...] rt.cpan.org
From: Thomas Corkran <tcorkran [...] hostgator.com>
X-GM-Message-State: ALoCoQmfDrL7lGhEz7rZHHGs0wLVqiKbil7fmcMYwC2qYpUC34fBYQSLK/pPOLCGESMFRi7DPY6P
X-RT-Interface: Email
Content-Length: 0
content-type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
X-RT-Original-Encoding: utf-8
Content-Length: 130
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 130b
Please add .rocks to Net::Domain::TLD, looks like you forgot it on the list. -- Thomas Corkran Software Developer Hostgator.com
content-type: text/html; charset="utf-8"
X-RT-Original-Encoding: utf-8
Content-Length: 260
MIME-Version: 1.0
In-Reply-To: <CA+pnR5HvbZA6PhXdPdOKa2FvYVQVODVSkr9jQ58wmHz4HHOUPA [...] mail.gmail.com>
X-Mailer: MIME-tools 5.504 (Entity 5.504)
Content-Disposition: inline
X-RT-Interface: Web
References: <CA+pnR5HvbZA6PhXdPdOKa2FvYVQVODVSkr9jQ58wmHz4HHOUPA [...] mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
Message-ID: <rt-4.0.18-18289-1419903843-1719.100410-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
X-RT-Original-Encoding: utf-8
X-RT-Encrypt: 0
X-RT-Sign: 0
Content-Length: 229
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 229b
There are several other recent gTLDs, such as .healthcare, that the module does not currently support. It would be great to have the TLD list refreshed. Would you accept a patch for this? Is there a repo somewhere? Thanks, Greg
MIME-Version: 1.0
In-Reply-To: <rt-4.0.18-18289-1419903843-1719.100410-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
X-Mailer: MIME-tools 5.504 (Entity 5.504)
Content-Disposition: inline
X-RT-Interface: Web
References: <CA+pnR5HvbZA6PhXdPdOKa2FvYVQVODVSkr9jQ58wmHz4HHOUPA [...] mail.gmail.com> <rt-4.0.18-18289-1419903843-1719.100410-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
Message-ID: <rt-4.0.18-19149-1419904240-1942.100410-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
X-RT-Original-Encoding: utf-8
X-RT-Encrypt: 0
X-RT-Sign: 0
Content-Length: 438
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 438b
Currently we pull the latest entries from https://www.iana.org/domains/root/db Sorry, Ive been busy lately but will make an update very soon. On Mon Dec 29 20:44:03 2014, OSCHWALD wrote: Show quoted text
> There are several other recent gTLDs, such as .healthcare, that the > module does not currently support. It would be great to have the TLD > list refreshed. Would you accept a patch for this? Is there a repo > somewhere? > > Thanks, > > Greg
MIME-Version: 1.0
In-Reply-To: <rt-4.0.18-19149-1419904240-1942.100410-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
X-Mailer: MIME-tools 5.504 (Entity 5.504)
Content-Disposition: inline
X-RT-Interface: Web
References: <CA+pnR5HvbZA6PhXdPdOKa2FvYVQVODVSkr9jQ58wmHz4HHOUPA [...] mail.gmail.com> <rt-4.0.18-18289-1419903843-1719.100410-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org> <rt-4.0.18-19149-1419904240-1942.100410-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
Message-ID: <rt-4.0.18-9241-1423004440-1175.100410-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
X-RT-Original-Encoding: utf-8
X-RT-Encrypt: 0
X-RT-Sign: 0
Content-Length: 375
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 375b
On Mon Dec 29 20:50:40 2014, ALEXP wrote: Show quoted text
> Currently we pull the latest entries from > > https://www.iana.org/domains/root/db > > Sorry, Ive been busy lately but will make an update very soon.
Hi Alex, Would you like some help with this? Greg or I can schedule some $work time to look into this if you're open to it. I can imagine you're quite busy. :) Thanks, Olaf
MIME-Version: 1.0
In-Reply-To: <CA+pnR5HvbZA6PhXdPdOKa2FvYVQVODVSkr9jQ58wmHz4HHOUPA [...] mail.gmail.com>
X-Mailer: MIME-tools 5.504 (Entity 5.504)
Content-Disposition: inline
X-RT-Interface: Web
References: <CA+pnR5HvbZA6PhXdPdOKa2FvYVQVODVSkr9jQ58wmHz4HHOUPA [...] mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
Message-ID: <rt-4.0.18-7036-1423031715-1.100410-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
X-RT-Original-Encoding: utf-8
X-RT-Encrypt: 0
X-RT-Sign: 0
Content-Length: 1285
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.2k
Hi Alex, New TLDs are a _lot_ more common than they used to be. If Net::Domain::TLD is going to remain a useful module in 2015 and beyond, it needs to track them. For example, I just registered perl.business today to serve as the home of some of my CPAN modules (and anyone else in the Business:: namespace or with a business-related module or project), but I couldn't use it right away with my DNS admin system without patching Net::Domain::TLD. Of course I can patch the module for myself, but I'd rather (or also) like to help fix it for everyone. Would you accept some co-maintainers to help maintain Net::Domain::TLD? My CPAN ID is IVAN. I'd work in whatever fashion you would like and limit myself to updating the TLD list, not making other changes without your approval. I'd also be interested in helping to automate or improve automation of the updates from https://www.iana.org/domains/root/db It looks like Greg also offered to help and has a CPAN ID. If you have time to do nothing else, I'd appreciate it a huge bunch if you would go into pause.cpan.org and delegate some co-maintainers so we can help out. Thanks -- we just want to hep you maintain this useful module and keep it relevant! Ivan Kohler Business::OnlinePayment, Business::CreditCard maintainer
MIME-Version: 1.0
In-Reply-To: <rt-4.0.18-7036-1423031715-1.100410-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
X-Mailer: MIME-tools 5.504 (Entity 5.504)
Content-Disposition: inline
X-RT-Interface: Web
References: <CA+pnR5HvbZA6PhXdPdOKa2FvYVQVODVSkr9jQ58wmHz4HHOUPA [...] mail.gmail.com> <rt-4.0.18-7036-1423031715-1.100410-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
Message-ID: <rt-4.0.18-12488-1423069937-804.100410-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
X-RT-Original-Encoding: utf-8
X-RT-Encrypt: 0
X-RT-Sign: 0
Content-Length: 1494
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.4k
1.73 released today to CPAN. It has all the new updates. Sorry for delay, been a little busy. Thanks. On Wed Feb 04 01:35:15 2015, IVAN wrote: Show quoted text
> Hi Alex, > > New TLDs are a _lot_ more common than they used to be. If > Net::Domain::TLD is going to remain a useful module in 2015 and > beyond, it needs to track them. > > For example, I just registered perl.business today to serve as the > home of some of my CPAN modules (and anyone else in the Business:: > namespace or with a business-related module or project), but I > couldn't use it right away with my DNS admin system without patching > Net::Domain::TLD. > > Of course I can patch the module for myself, but I'd rather (or also) > like to help fix it for everyone. > > Would you accept some co-maintainers to help maintain > Net::Domain::TLD? My CPAN ID is IVAN. I'd work in whatever fashion > you would like and limit myself to updating the TLD list, not making > other changes without your approval. I'd also be interested in > helping to automate or improve automation of the updates from > https://www.iana.org/domains/root/db > > It looks like Greg also offered to help and has a CPAN ID. > > If you have time to do nothing else, I'd appreciate it a huge bunch if > you would go into pause.cpan.org and delegate some co-maintainers so > we can help out. Thanks -- we just want to hep you maintain this > useful module and keep it relevant! > > Ivan Kohler > Business::OnlinePayment, Business::CreditCard maintainer
MIME-Version: 1.0
In-Reply-To: <CA+pnR5HvbZA6PhXdPdOKa2FvYVQVODVSkr9jQ58wmHz4HHOUPA [...] mail.gmail.com>
X-Mailer: MIME-tools 5.504 (Entity 5.504)
Content-Disposition: inline
X-RT-Interface: Web
References: <CA+pnR5HvbZA6PhXdPdOKa2FvYVQVODVSkr9jQ58wmHz4HHOUPA [...] mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
Message-ID: <rt-4.0.18-12488-1423070039-325.100410-0-0 [...] rt.cpan.org>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
X-RT-Original-Encoding: utf-8
X-RT-Encrypt: 0
X-RT-Sign: 0
Content-Length: 44
updates applied, 1.73 uploaded to CPAN today


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.